What is Pentacel?

Pentacel is a prescription vaccine. It is used to immunize against diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, polio and haemophilus type b. This vaccine is approved for children six weeks through four years of age. It works by exposing the body to small amounts of the infections, allowing the body to develop antibodies that help the immune system protect itself against these infections.

Continue Learning about Vaccine

Hawaii Health Alert: Why You Probably Need the Tdap Shot
You put in the extra effort to keep your kids and grandkids healthy—you make sure they get nutritious meals, safe toys and regular checkups. But the g...
Dr. Diane Harper - How do I protect myself from human papillomavirus (HPV)?
Dr. Robin Miller, Where Do You Stand In the Vaccine Debate?
Dr. Diane Harper - How long do human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccines protect against infection?