What happens if I miss a dose of Japanese encephalitis vaccine?

You should receive all doses of the Japanese encephalitis vaccine series in order for the vaccine to be most effective. If you miss a dose, get it as soon as possible. You will not be adequately protected against this virus if you do not receive the full vaccine series.

Continue Learning about Vaccine

Hawaii Health Alert: Why You Probably Need the Tdap Shot
You put in the extra effort to keep your kids and grandkids healthy—you make sure they get nutritious meals, safe toys and regular checkups. But the g...
Should I worry if my son was accidentally given several vaccines twice?
Anthony L. Komaroff, MDAnthony L. Komaroff, MD
I would not be concerned. There are times when a child may get an extra vaccine dose. For example, s...
Can I get influenza from the influenza vaccine?
A flu shot cannot cause flu illness. The viruses contained in flu shots are inactivated (killed), wh...
Dr. Diane Harper - How do I protect myself from human papillomavirus (HPV)?