What is the Fluzone High-Dose flu vaccine?

Fluzone High-Dose is a new influenza vaccine, manufactured by Sanofi Pasteur Inc., designed specifically for people 65 years and older.

Human immune defenses become weaker with age, which places older people at greater risk of severe illness from influenza. Also, aging decreases the body's ability to have a good immune response after getting the influenza vaccine. A higher dose of antigen in the vaccine is supposed to give older people a better immune response and therefore better protection against flu.

Continue Learning about Vaccine

Back-to-School Vaccinations All Preteens and Teens Need
Vaccinations are something to shine a light on as your adolescents head back to school. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has the f...
Why are vaccines necessary?
Vaccines are necessary for the following reasons: Vaccines can prevent the risk of serious diseas...
What is a vaccine?
A vaccine is a treatment designed to stimulate your immune system before you're exposed to the virus...
Dr. Diane Harper - How do I protect myself from human papillomavirus (HPV)?