What should I expect after a vaccine shot?

You or your child's arm may feel a little stiff and sore for a few days after a vaccine shot. There may be redness or mild swelling where the shot was given. You might also have a slight fever, or feel tired or fussy. These are all normal symptoms.

Continue Learning about Vaccine

Hawaii Health Alert: Why You Probably Need the Tdap Shot
You put in the extra effort to keep your kids and grandkids healthy—you make sure they get nutritious meals, safe toys and regular checkups. But the g...
Why do I need the flu vaccine every year?
Flu can be a serious disease, particularly among young children, older adults and people with certai...
How can I prepare my child for a vaccination shot?
Most children get their first vaccination at birth in the hospital and then their first set of vacci...
Dr. Diane Harper - How long do human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccines protect against infection?