What does my doctor need to know before giving me the Flulaval shot?

Before receiving your Flulaval vaccination, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it or to eggs, egg products or chicken products. Also, talk to them about allergies to any other vaccines or to latex, or reactions to preservatives such as thimerosal. Make sure that your doctor or pharmacist knows about any medical conditions, including a current fever or a history of uncontrolled seizures or other nervous system disorders, bleeding disorders, epilepsy, Guillain-Barre syndrome or immune system problems.

Continue Learning about Vaccine

Back-to-School Vaccinations All Preteens and Teens Need
Vaccinations are something to shine a light on as your adolescents head back to school. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has the f...
Do serious problems occur from the flu shot?
Life-threatening allergic reactions are very rare from a flu shot. Signs of serious allergic reactio...
Who should get the flu shot?
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, everyone over the age of sixty-five sho...
Dr. Diane Harper - How do I protect myself from human papillomavirus (HPV)?