What should I do after a serious reaction to a flu vaccine?

If you have had a serious reaction to a seasonal influenza vaccine, call a doctor, or get to a doctor right away. Tell your doctor what happened, the date and time it happened, and when you got the flu shot. Ask your doctor, nurse, or health department to file a Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) form, or call VAERS at 1-800-822-7967.

Continue Learning about Vaccine

Hawaii Health Alert: Why You Probably Need the Tdap Shot
You put in the extra effort to keep your kids and grandkids healthy—you make sure they get nutritious meals, safe toys and regular checkups. But the g...
When should I get a flu vaccine?
The best time to get a flu vaccine is between September and December, before flu season really peaks...
Who should get the Tdap vaccine?
Tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis, also called Tdap, is a one-time vaccine given in lieu of a s...
Dr. Diane Harper - How long do human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccines protect against infection?