Does Typhim Vi interact with other medications or food?

People taking drugs that may weaken their immune system, such as corticosteroids, and people undergoing chemotherapy or radiation therapy for cancer, should talk to their doctor before receiving Typhim Vi. These drugs may reduce the usefulness of the vaccine. Blood thinners, such as warfarin, may also interact with Typhim Vi, so talk to your doctor if you use this medicine. Also, discuss with your doctor any other recent vaccines you have had. Be sure to also mention any prescription drugs, over-the-counter medicines, supplements, herbs or vitamins you may use. There are no expected food interactions, but talk to your doctor if you have concerns.

Continue Learning about Vaccine

Hawaii Health Alert: Why You Probably Need the Tdap Shot
You put in the extra effort to keep your kids and grandkids healthy—you make sure they get nutritious meals, safe toys and regular checkups. But the g...
Who should get the Tdap vaccine?
Tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis, also called Tdap, is a one-time vaccine given in lieu of a s...
How does flu vaccine availability work?
Influenza vaccine production begins as early as 6-9 months before the beginning of vaccine distribut...
Dr. Diane Harper - How do I protect myself from human papillomavirus (HPV)?