What are the side effects of typhoid vaccines?

Although it's relatively uncommon, it's possible that both types of typhoid vaccines may cause certain side effects in some people. Some people may have an allergic reaction to typhoid vaccines, causing symptoms, such as hives, swelling in your face or throat and difficulty breathing. Get emergency medical help if you experience any of those symptoms. Both the inactive and the live forms of typhoid vaccine may cause fever or headaches. The inactive (injected) typhoid vaccine may also cause swelling or redness at the injection site. The live (oral) typhoid vaccine may cause stomach pain, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. Other side effects may occur, so talk to your doctor if you develop any new and unusual symptoms after getting a typhoid vaccine.

Continue Learning about Vaccine

Back-to-School Vaccinations All Preteens and Teens Need
Vaccinations are something to shine a light on as your adolescents head back to school. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has the f...
What are the side effects of the influenza vaccine?
Side effects of the influenza vaccine include: muscle aches, low fever, headaches and fatigue. If yo...
What is a vaccine?
A vaccine is a treatment designed to stimulate your immune system before you're exposed to the virus...
Dr. Diane Harper - How do I protect myself from human papillomavirus (HPV)?