Who should not get a haemophilus b conjugate vaccine?

If children are allergic to any ingredient in haemophilus b conjugate vaccines, or if they have ever had a reaction to another vaccine, they should not get the haemophilus b conjugate vaccine. Children who are younger than two months or older than five years of age, should not get this drug unless specifically instructed by a doctor. Consult your doctor if your child has any immune system problems or Guillain-Barre syndrome before getting the haemophilus b conjugate vaccine.

Continue Learning about Vaccine

Hawaii Health Alert: Why You Probably Need the Tdap Shot
You put in the extra effort to keep your kids and grandkids healthy—you make sure they get nutritious meals, safe toys and regular checkups. But the g...
What is an influenza vaccine?
Flu vaccines are the first and best protection against influenza. While flu vaccines are available i...
Why should I get a pertussis (whooping cough) vaccine if I am pregnant?
CDC recommends that pregnant women receive the pertussis (whooping cough) vaccine called Tdap during...
Dr. Robin Miller, Where Do You Stand In the Vaccine Debate?