What should I know before my child receives Comvax?

Comvax vaccine is usually given to children (born of mothers who do not have hepatitis B) as three separate injections. The first injection should be administered at about two months of age. Subsequent injections are then administered at about 4 months and at about 12 months of age. The vaccine should not be given before an infant reaches six weeks of age. Children who are older or who have special circumstances may be given Comvax with a different dosing schedule. Speak to a doctor about the best vaccination schedule for your child.

Continue Learning about Vaccine

Hawaii Health Alert: Why You Probably Need the Tdap Shot
You put in the extra effort to keep your kids and grandkids healthy—you make sure they get nutritious meals, safe toys and regular checkups. But the g...
Why does the flu vaccine not cover all the circulating flu strains?
Henrico Doctors' Hospital  - HCA VirginiaHenrico Doctors' Hospital - HCA Virginia
It is not uncommon to find a partial mismatch between vaccine strains and circulating strains. Vacci...
Should I get a flu shot while I'm pregnant?
If you're pregnant, you should consider getting a flu vaccine. Pregnancy causes changes in the heart...
Dr. Robin Miller, Where Do You Stand In the Vaccine Debate?