What should I know about Tripedia?

Before your child receives his or her Tripedia vaccine, you should know that multiple doses are required for the full vaccine treatment. Five doses are needed before a child's seventh birthday. You should also know that not immunizing your child against diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis could be dangerous to their health. Tetanus causes lockjaw which is fatal in more than one third of cases. Diphtheria and whooping cough can cause long-term breathing problems and also prove fatal. The risk of receiving Tripedia vaccine is small compared to the health risks of these three diseases.

Continue Learning about Vaccine

Hawaii Health Alert: Why You Probably Need the Tdap Shot
You put in the extra effort to keep your kids and grandkids healthy—you make sure they get nutritious meals, safe toys and regular checkups. But the g...
What vaccines does my older child or teen need?
Heath A. Cobb, MDHeath A. Cobb, MD
Following is the vaccine schedule for children and teens: 4 to 6 years Diphtheria, tetanus and pe...
Can I get influenza from the influenza vaccine?
A flu shot cannot cause flu illness. The viruses contained in flu shots are inactivated (killed), wh...
Dr. Diane Harper - How do I protect myself from human papillomavirus (HPV)?