Is it safe to get a Flulaval shot if I am breastfeeding?

No studies have been done that have determined whether Flulaval finds its way into a mother's breast milk. However, because many drugs are excreted in human milk, caution should be exercised when it is given to a nursing woman. Ask your doctor or pharmacist about the pros and cons of getting the shot and of stopping breastfeeding. Since this vaccine is given only once, ask about resuming breastfeeding after some time has gone by.

Continue Learning about Vaccine

Hawaii Health Alert: Why You Probably Need the Tdap Shot
You put in the extra effort to keep your kids and grandkids healthy—you make sure they get nutritious meals, safe toys and regular checkups. But the g...
Dr. Robin Miller, Where Do You Stand In the Vaccine Debate?
Dr. Diane Harper - How long do human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccines protect against infection?
Dr. Diane Harper - How do I protect myself from human papillomavirus (HPV)?