Should I get a Flulaval vaccine if I have immune system problems?

Flulaval is a live-attenuated vaccine, meaning that it is made using a weakened version of the flu virus. Whether you should get the vaccine or not depends on your personal health history. If you are taking certain kinds of medications, such as some cancer medicines, you shouldn't get Flulaval because you might actually get the flu. In other cases, your immune system might not respond to vaccination and you won't get any protection. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist about the potential risks and benefits of the Flulaval vaccine after telling them about all medications you are taking and your complete medical history.

Continue Learning about Vaccine

Hawaii Health Alert: Why You Probably Need the Tdap Shot
You put in the extra effort to keep your kids and grandkids healthy—you make sure they get nutritious meals, safe toys and regular checkups. But the g...
Dr. Diane Harper - How do I protect myself from human papillomavirus (HPV)?
Dr. Diane Harper - How long do human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccines protect against infection?
Dr. Robin Miller, Where Do You Stand In the Vaccine Debate?