Can I drink liquids before my BCG treatment for bladder cancer?

You should minimize fluid intake for eight to 12 hours prior to and totally avoid fluid intake for four hours prior to receiving BCG for bladder cancer. Make sure your bladder is empty before the treatment begins. You will receive the BCG medication through a catheter or tube that will go directly into your bladder. Dose and treatment schedules are determined by your doctor. If you have any questions or concerns about the process or schedule, talk to your doctor.

Continue Learning about Vaccine

Back-to-School Vaccinations All Preteens and Teens Need
Vaccinations are something to shine a light on as your adolescents head back to school. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has the f...
Is the measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) vaccine really worth the risk?
The measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) vaccine is worth the very slight risk of getting it. Without th...
How does flu vaccine availability work?
Influenza vaccine production begins as early as 6-9 months before the beginning of vaccine distribut...
Dr. Robin Miller, Where Do You Stand In the Vaccine Debate?