How does Infanrix interact with other medicines?

It is important to tell your doctor if your child has had any treatments in the previous two weeks before getting the Infanrix vaccine that may have weakened their immune system. Such treatments could include: use of corticosteroids or other immunosuppressive agents; medications to treat psoriasis, arthritis or other autoimmune disorders; medicines to prevent transplant rejection. It is generally allowed for your child to take an aspirin-free, nonsteroidal pain reliever, such as Advil or Tylenol, after vaccination, for a fever or pain, but check with your doctor before doing so. It is possible other interactions may occur, so tell your doctor about any medications your child is taking, including over-the-counter and herbal supplements.

Continue Learning about Vaccine

Hawaii Health Alert: Why You Probably Need the Tdap Shot
You put in the extra effort to keep your kids and grandkids healthy—you make sure they get nutritious meals, safe toys and regular checkups. But the g...
Who should get the flu shot?
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, everyone over the age of sixty-five sho...
How does flu vaccine availability work?
Influenza vaccine production begins as early as 6-9 months before the beginning of vaccine distribut...
Dr. Diane Harper - How do I protect myself from human papillomavirus (HPV)?