Will Zostavax protect me from shingles for my lifetime?

Studies suggest that the Zostavax vaccine continues to help prevent herpes zoster (also known as shingles) for at least six years. However, the protective effects of the vaccine against this disease may last much longer. Studies are ongoing to help determine exactly how long the vaccine continues to work at protecting against shingles.

Continue Learning about Vaccine

Hawaii Health Alert: Why You Probably Need the Tdap Shot
You put in the extra effort to keep your kids and grandkids healthy—you make sure they get nutritious meals, safe toys and regular checkups. But the g...
Dr. Diane Harper - How long do human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccines protect against infection?
Dr. Robin Miller, Where Do You Stand In the Vaccine Debate?
Dr. Diane Harper - How do I protect myself from human papillomavirus (HPV)?