What happens if my child misses a dose of the pertussis vaccine?

You should call your healthcare provider to make up the missing dose as soon as possible. The doses for your child are scheduled months apart, so it is very important that your child make up the missing dose. Pertussis, also known as whooping cough, is highly contagious and can result in a very serious respiratory tract infections in children. The series of inoculations are very important and designed to build up a child's immunity to the infection.

Continue Learning about Vaccine

Hawaii Health Alert: Why You Probably Need the Tdap Shot
You put in the extra effort to keep your kids and grandkids healthy—you make sure they get nutritious meals, safe toys and regular checkups. But the g...
What vaccines does my older child or teen need?
Heath A. Cobb, MDHeath A. Cobb, MD
Following is the vaccine schedule for children and teens: 4 to 6 years Diphtheria, tetanus and pe...
Why should I get the flu shot?
Dr. Peter M. Lefevre, MDDr. Peter M. Lefevre, MD
You should get a flu shot because it will significantly reduce the likelihood of contracting the flu...
Dr. Diane Harper - How do I protect myself from human papillomavirus (HPV)?