Can I take Zostavax if I can't remember if I had chickenpox?

The United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that everyone 60 years of age or older get a one-time shot of the Zostavax vaccine to help prevent shingles, regardless of whether they remember having had chicken pox. Studies show that almost all people in the United States who are at least 40 years of age have had chicken pox, even if they don’t recall having the disease.

Continue Learning about Vaccine

Hawaii Health Alert: Why You Probably Need the Tdap Shot
You put in the extra effort to keep your kids and grandkids healthy—you make sure they get nutritious meals, safe toys and regular checkups. But the g...
Dr. Diane Harper - How do I protect myself from human papillomavirus (HPV)?
Dr. Robin Miller, Where Do You Stand In the Vaccine Debate?
Dr. Diane Harper - How long do human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccines protect against infection?