How well does Zostavax work in preventing shingles?

In clinical studies of Zostavax in people who were 60 years of age and older, the vaccine reduced the occurrence of shingles by about 50%. In those people who were vaccinated with Zostavax but still developed shingles, the pain did not last as long as it did for people who did not receive the vaccine.

Continue Learning about Vaccine

Hawaii Health Alert: Why You Probably Need the Tdap Shot
You put in the extra effort to keep your kids and grandkids healthy—you make sure they get nutritious meals, safe toys and regular checkups. But the g...
Why should my baby get the rotavirus vaccine?
Your baby should get the rotavirus vaccine because rotavirus is the most common cause of serious dia...
Who should get a flu vaccine?
Dr. Margaret L. Payne, MDDr. Margaret L. Payne, MD
Anyone in the high risk group should be vaccinated. The American Academy of Pediatrics and the Cente...
Dr. Diane Harper - How do I protect myself from human papillomavirus (HPV)?