How soon after taking Varivax will my symptoms improve?

Varivax is a preventive vaccine given to prevent chicken pox, a viral illness that causes fever and itchy, fluid-filled blisters all over the body. Since no vaccine is 100 percent effective, there is always a small chance of getting chicken pox even though you are vaccinated. However, people who do get chicken pox after getting Varivax usually get a much milder case than they likely would have, had they not received the Varivax vaccine.

Continue Learning about Vaccine

Hawaii Health Alert: Why You Probably Need the Tdap Shot
You put in the extra effort to keep your kids and grandkids healthy—you make sure they get nutritious meals, safe toys and regular checkups. But the g...
Who should get the flu shot?
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, everyone over the age of sixty-five sho...
Why does the flu vaccine not cover all the circulating flu strains?
Henrico Doctors' Hospital  - HCA VirginiaHenrico Doctors' Hospital - HCA Virginia
It is not uncommon to find a partial mismatch between vaccine strains and circulating strains. Vacci...
Dr. Diane Harper - How do I protect myself from human papillomavirus (HPV)?