How should Prevnar 13 be stored?

Prevnar 13 (pneumococcal conjugate vaccine) should be stored in a refrigerator between 36-46 degrees Farenheit. It should never be frozen or overheated, as this may compromise the integrity of the vaccine. Prevnar 13 should be stored by the doctor responsible for administering it. It is not for home use.

Continue Learning about Vaccine

Back-to-School Vaccinations All Preteens and Teens Need
Vaccinations are something to shine a light on as your adolescents head back to school. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has the f...
What is the Fluzone High-Dose flu vaccine?
Fluzone High-Dose is a new influenza vaccine, manufactured by Sanofi Pasteur Inc., designed specific...
When should I get a pertussis (whooping cough) vaccine if I am pregnant?
Expectant mothers should get one dose of Tdap during each pregnancy, preferably at 27 through 36 wee...
Dr. Diane Harper - How long do human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccines protect against infection?