How does FluLaval interact with other medications or food?

Talk to your doctor if you are taking phenytoin, theophylline, or a blood thinner, before being vaccinated with FluLaval, as there may be interactions. The following medications may weaken your immune system and affect the efficacy of this vaccine: steroids, medications used to treat psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis or other autoimmune disorders, such as azathioprine, etanercept and leflunomide; or medicines to treat or prevent organ transplant rejection, such as basiliximab, cyclosporine, muromonab-CD3, mycophenolate mofetil, sirolimus or tacrolimus. Do not take this vaccine if you are allergic to chicken or egg products. Because any drug may cause side effects in some individuals, inform your doctor about any prescription or over-the-counter medications, vitamins and herbal supplements you are taking. You should not use this medication if you are allergic to any of the ingredients.

Continue Learning about Vaccine

Hawaii Health Alert: Why You Probably Need the Tdap Shot
You put in the extra effort to keep your kids and grandkids healthy—you make sure they get nutritious meals, safe toys and regular checkups. But the g...
Who should get the pertussis (whooping cough) vaccine?
Pertussis (whooping cough) vaccines are recommended for children, adolescents, and adults, including...
What is the difference between the various Fluzone vaccines?
Fluzone, Fluzone High-Dose, and Fluzone Intradermal are all injectable influenza vaccines, made up o...
Dr. Diane Harper - How do I protect myself from human papillomavirus (HPV)?