Does Zostavax help with the pain that comes with shingles?

In clinical studies of Zostavax in people who were 60 years of age and older, those people who were vaccinated with Zostavax but still developed shingles, had pain, but the pain did not last as long as it did for people who did not receive the vaccine. In those studies, the vaccine reduced the occurrence of shingles by about 50%.

Continue Learning about Vaccine

Back-to-School Vaccinations All Preteens and Teens Need
Vaccinations are something to shine a light on as your adolescents head back to school. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has the f...
How can I prepare my child for a vaccination shot?
Make sure your child is in good health, is hydrated with water before vaccination, and is not receiv...
What role does the government play in flu vaccine distribution?
Influenza vaccine production and distribution are primarily private sector endeavors. The Department...
Dr. Robin Miller, Where Do You Stand In the Vaccine Debate?