Is it safe to use Flulaval while I am pregnant?

Flulaval is in Pregnancy Category C, which means that a risk of harm to the developing baby cannot be ruled out. There have been no large, well-controlled clinical trials completed with pregnant women. Because the risks are uncertain, Flulaval should be given to a pregnant woman only if clearly needed.

Continue Learning about Vaccine

Hawaii Health Alert: Why You Probably Need the Tdap Shot
You put in the extra effort to keep your kids and grandkids healthy—you make sure they get nutritious meals, safe toys and regular checkups. But the g...
When should my child get a pertussis (whooping cough) vaccine?
In the United States, the recommended pertussis (whooping cough) vaccine for children is called DTaP...
What are the side effects of the influenza vaccine?
Side effects of the influenza vaccine include: muscle aches, low fever, headaches and fatigue. If yo...
Dr. Robin Miller, Where Do You Stand In the Vaccine Debate?