Can I avoid yellow fever without taking the vaccine?

You can lower the risk of exposure to mosquitoes that carry the virus by remaining in well-screened areas, applying mosquito repellent on skin and clothing, and using mosquito netting over your bed. Only administration of the yellow fever vaccine or previous infection with yellow fever virus can provide immunity.

Continue Learning about Vaccine

Back-to-School Vaccinations All Preteens and Teens Need
Vaccinations are something to shine a light on as your adolescents head back to school. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has the f...
When should I get a flu vaccine?
The best time to get a flu vaccine is between September and December, before flu season really peaks...
When should I call the doctor after a vaccine?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
After a vaccine, call or go to the doctor or clinic for: High fever or long-lasting feverSeizures...
Dr. Diane Harper - How long do human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccines protect against infection?