What should I avoid while receiving Zostavax?

Zostavax is a vaccine against the herpes zoster virus used to prevent shingles. You should not be running a fever or feel ill when you receive the shot. If you are sick, it is recommended that you wait until you are over the illness before receiving Zostavax.

Continue Learning about Vaccine

Back-to-School Vaccinations All Preteens and Teens Need
Vaccinations are something to shine a light on as your adolescents head back to school. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has the f...
When should I call the doctor after a vaccine?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
After a vaccine, call or go to the doctor or clinic for: High fever or long-lasting feverSeizures...
What vaccines does my older child or teen need?
Heath A. Cobb, MDHeath A. Cobb, MD
Following is the vaccine schedule for children and teens: 4 to 6 years Diphtheria, tetanus and pe...
Dr. Robin Miller, Where Do You Stand In the Vaccine Debate?