At this time there are no generic influenza vaccines approved for use in the United States. The FDA controls and monitors the supply of flu vaccine that is available. Only certain companies are allowed to produce it, and they do so under their own brand names.
- Q Can the flu shot cause shingles?
- Q Is there anything I should avoid after I get the influenza vaccine?
- Q Why do I need the flu vaccine every year?
- Q What are the side effects of the influenza vaccine?
- Q Which type of influenza vaccine should I get?
- Q Does an influenza vaccine interact with other medications?