Why is the addition of thimerosal to flu vaccines controversial?

Dr. Mark Hyman, MD
Family Medicine
The addition of thimerosal to multi-dose flu vaccines is controversial because there are many health risks associated with this neurotoxic compound. In this video, I will discuss my concerns about thimerosal.

Continue Learning about Vaccines & Immunizations

A Pox on Your Clubhouse
A Pox on Your Clubhouse
In early September, the Kansas City Royals were leading their MLB division. Then a pox landed on their clubhouse; chickenpox, that is. Star relief pit...
What are conjugate vaccines?
Conjugate vaccines, such as the pneumococcal conjugate vaccine, take advantage of the immune system'...
What is the difference between vaccination and immunization?
Dr. Darria Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Gillespie, MD
In most ways that we discuss them, they’re the same thing, but there’s a slight nuance. Immunization...
Is There a Connection Between Vaccines and Autism?