What should I know about my baby's caregivers and immunizations?

Every year we see a larger outbreak of pertussis, and many affected are infants 3 months of age or less. Often the baby is exposed by a family member whose immunity has waned due to lack of maintaining booster vaccines every 10 years. Make sure that family and close contacts of your baby are up to date on their vaccines.

Everyone should have an influenza (flu) vaccine during flu season and Tdap (tetanus, diptheria and pertussis) if not received in the past 10 years. Also ask about childhood immunizations and whether anyone in contact with the baby has been vaccinated. If they can’t remember, they should see their doctor. Many people have less than adequate immunity to measles.

Continue Learning about Vaccines & Immunizations

France Just Made 11 Childhood Vaccines Mandatory
Starting in 2018, French children will be legally required to complete 11 vaccines. That includes the measles, mumps and rubella (MMR), polio and meni...
How do I ensure the flu vaccine I receive does not contain thimerosal?
Dr. Mark Hyman, MDDr. Mark Hyman, MD
To ensure the flu vaccine you receive does not contain thimerosal, ask for a single-dose vial, or as...
Can I get the flu shot when I have a cold?
You can get a flu shot when you have a cold. The flu shot is not weakened by the cold and should not...
The Case for Vaccines
The Case for Vaccines