What diseases can immunization protect babies against?

Immunizations protect babies from a variety of serious but preventable diseases. These immunizations are available to the public, and there are rather specific recommendations of when they should be given. From birth until one year of age the specific disease vaccinations are given include the following: hepatitis (A & B), rotavirus (intestinal infections), diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis (whooping cough), polio, Haemophilus influenzae infection, measles, mumps, rubella, influenza (the flu) and varicella (chicken pox). This is why it is important to pay attention to your baby's vaccination schedule and discuss any questions or concerns with his or her doctor.

Continue Learning about Vaccines & Immunizations

Vaccination Safety—No Question About It
Vaccination Safety—No Question About It
After we noticed the safety of vaccines here in the U.S. being called into question we wanted to let YOU know the facts: Not only is the quality and i...
Can vaccines protect me for life?
There are many different types of vaccines. Some actually contain a specific part that fights infect...
How often should I be vaccinated?
How often you should get vaccinated depends on your age and any associated risk factors. The Centers...
How Do I Ensure the Flu Vaccine I Receive Does not Contain Thimerosal?