How can vaccine-preventable diseases cause a financial burden for a family?

A child who gets a disease that could have have been prevented with a vaccination may have to miss school or day care for many days or weeks. Time lost from work to care for a sick child can cause a financial burden for the family. These diseases can also cause lasting disabilities that result in expensive medical bills and long-term care.

Continue Learning about Vaccines & Immunizations

Why Boys Need to Get the HPV Vaccine Too
The Last Waltz was the title of The Band’s final 1976 performance at the Winterland Ballroom in San Francisco. The Band’s drummer and vocalist Levon H...
What should I know about my baby's caregivers and immunizations?
Wesley Medical CenterWesley Medical Center
Every year we see a larger outbreak of pertussis, and many affected are infants 3 months of age or l...
What research is being done to develop cancer vaccines?
Researchers have several cancer vaccines in late-stage clinical trials, including one to treat breas...
Do Vaccination Benefits Outweigh Risks?
Do Vaccination Benefits Outweigh Risks?