How many children die each year from vaccine-preventable diseases?

Globally, 1.5 million unvaccinated children under five years of age die each year from vaccine-preventable diseases. This is a much higher number than any of the risk factors for vaccine side-effects, which occur at virtually undetectable rates. Unfortunately, while the United States has low rates of vaccine-preventable diseases, the global population does not fare as well. If the United States population begins to relax on vaccine standards, the risks for an outbreak of a dangerous disease increase as these pathogens are just a plane ride away.

Continue Learning about Vaccines & Immunizations

Vaccination Safety—No Question About It
Vaccination Safety—No Question About It
After we noticed the safety of vaccines here in the U.S. being called into question we wanted to let YOU know the facts: Not only is the quality and i...
Are vaccines safe?
Vaccines are extremely safe. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) operates an I...
Who is eligible for vaccinations through the VFC program?
Children younger than 19 years of age are eligible for Vaccines for Children (VFC) vaccines if they ...
Can a Flu Shot Help Protect My Heart Health?