How many children die each year from vaccine-preventable diseases?

Globally, 1.5 million unvaccinated children under five years of age die each year from vaccine-preventable diseases. This is a much higher number than any of the risk factors for vaccine side-effects, which occur at virtually undetectable rates. Unfortunately, while the United States has low rates of vaccine-preventable diseases, the global population does not fare as well. If the United States population begins to relax on vaccine standards, the risks for an outbreak of a dangerous disease increase as these pathogens are just a plane ride away.

Continue Learning about Vaccines & Immunizations

Facts to Support Vaccinations
Facts to Support Vaccinations
When MTV celebrated its 29th birthday this summer, the music video channel had to face facts. Music videos have become super-popular on venues like Yo...
How can the VFC program help me pay for my child's vaccinations?
The Vaccines for Children (VFC) program helps families of eligible children who might not otherwise ...
How do I prove that I got the mumps vaccine in childhood?
It is possible to prove that you were vaccinated for mumps or received the MMR (measles, mumps and r...
Can I Get Influenza From the Influenza Vaccine?