Can vaccines be contaminated with infectious agents that cause diseases?

There is no evidence that currently available vaccines are contaminated with infectious agents that cause disease. Today, manufacturers are required to test for a variety of infectious agents to ensure that the vaccines are not contaminated.

Vaccines are made under very strict standards and it is extremely rare for them to be contaminated. This is because the solution (vehicle that the vaccine is mixed with) has sterilizing ingredients. However, though it is extremely rare for a vaccine to be contaminated, it is possible.

Continue Learning about Vaccines & Immunizations

Are Your Vaccinations Up to Date?
Are Your Vaccinations Up to Date?
How Do I Ensure the Flu Vaccine I Receive Does not Contain Thimerosal?
What Is Thimerosal?
What Is Thimerosal?
Is There a Vaccine for Prostate Cancer?
Is There a Vaccine for Prostate Cancer?