Although fibroids are tumors, they are not cancerous. They rarely develop into cancer - in fact, they rarely increase your risk for cancer. For about 75 percent of affected women, fibroids don't cause many noticeable symptoms and don't require treatment.
- Q What are intramural fibroids?
- Q How do you treat bleeding that is related to uterine fibroids?
- Q When should I call my doctor if I have uterine fibroids?
- Q Should I be concerned about fibroids if I’m entering menopause?
- Q Can women with uterine fibroids become pregnant?
- Q How do I manage my uterine fibroids on a daily basis?