Although fibroids are tumors, they are not cancerous. They rarely develop into cancer - in fact, they rarely increase your risk for cancer. For about 75 percent of affected women, fibroids don't cause many noticeable symptoms and don't require treatment.
- Q What are uterine fibroids?
- Q What should I know about caring for someone with uterine fibroids?
- Q How do uterine fibroids affect the body?
- Q Are uterine fibroids serious?
- Q Is uterine fibroid embolization (UFE) covered by insurance?
- Q What questions should I ask my doctor if I have fibroids?