Although fibroids are tumors, they are not cancerous. They rarely develop into cancer - in fact, they rarely increase your risk for cancer. For about 75 percent of affected women, fibroids don't cause many noticeable symptoms and don't require treatment.
- Q Is uterine fibroid embolization (UFE) covered by insurance?
- Q When should I seek immediate help if I have uterine fibroids?
- Q Does diet affect the risk of fibroids?
- Q What are intramural fibroids?
- Q Can uterine fibroids cause permanent damage?
- Q Where can fibroids grow?