Although fibroids are tumors, they are not cancerous. They rarely develop into cancer - in fact, they rarely increase your risk for cancer. For about 75 percent of affected women, fibroids don't cause many noticeable symptoms and don't require treatment.
- Q Do uterine fibroids get worse over time?
- Q Can children get uterine fibroids?
- Q How do I manage my uterine fibroids on a daily basis?
- Q Where are uterine fibroids located within the uterus?
- Q Can fibroids develop in places other than the uterus?
- Q What if I become pregnant and have fibroids?