Although fibroids are tumors, they are not cancerous. They rarely develop into cancer - in fact, they rarely increase your risk for cancer. For about 75 percent of affected women, fibroids don't cause many noticeable symptoms and don't require treatment.
- Q What should I know about caring for someone with uterine fibroids?
- Q Does diet affect the risk of fibroids?
- Q Can children get uterine fibroids?
- Q Where are uterine fibroids located within the uterus?
- Q What are uterine fibroids?
- Q Are uterine fibroids cancer?