How can I find out more information about the USDA MyPlate recommendations?

Bethany Thayer
The USDA has created a website with all the information you need. Visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
MyPlate is the most recent tool released by the USDA that serves as an icon to remind consumers to eat healthfully. It depicts the five food groups using a familiar mealtime visual, a place setting. MyPlate is the focal point for a larger, web-based communication and education initiative at ChooseMyPlate.gov that provides information, tips and tools to help you build a healthier diet based on the Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2010. 

Also available at ChooseMyPlate.gov is an interactive food guidance system that is based on the USDA Food Patterns, which will provide you with a personalized food plan based on the latest nutrition and health recommendations. Consuming a calorie appropriate, balanced diet that includes a variety of foods in moderation will also allow you to meet the DRIs for your nutrient needs and better manage your health and weight.

At ChooseMyPlate.gov, you will not only find more information regarding the MyPlate recommendations, but also recipes, tips, and other supportive materials to help you maintain a healthy diet.
MyPlate, USDA's food pyramid

Continue Learning about USDA MyPlate

Should pregnant women follow the USDA MyPlate recommendations?
Joan Salge Blake, MS, RDJoan Salge Blake, MS, RD
Pregnant women have some increased nutrient needs during this exciting time, but the good news is th...
How can I explain the USDA MyPlate recommendations to my children?
Judy CaplanJudy Caplan
MyPlate is a great tool for teaching children basic nutrition. The plate clearly shows children what...
What are the USDA MyPlate nutrition recommendations?
The new MyPlate is a dinner plate split into multiple sections, each representing not only a differe...
What is the serving size of meat in the USDA MyPlate model?
Toby SmithsonToby Smithson
Based on a 2000 calorie per day diet, it is recommended to consume 5.5 ounces of protein per day. On...