Do I need to measure my food portions exactly to follow the USDA MyPlate?

Judy Caplan
You do not need to measure your food portions exactly to successfully follow MyPlate. MyPlate is a guideline to healthier eating not an absolute. However, it is necessary to know portion sizes if you are trying to maintain or lose weight. MyPlate shows you, with pictures, what is considered a portion. Just click on the icon and it takes you to a picture. Knowing portion sizes will help out in the "fast food world" because you will be able to judge what is the right amount of food for you. Awareness is the key to success.

Continue Learning about USDA MyPlate