Because the kidneys become enlarged while infected, your back will be swollen and tender to the touch. An infection in the ureters can result in spasms that will cause you extreme pain in the abdominal region. Nausea and vomiting can cause discomfort in the upper region of the abdomen. Fever and chills can leave you weak and lethargic.
- Q What are the long term effects of recurring kidney infections?
- Q How do other illnesses affect a kidney infection?
- Q What is a kidney infection?
- Q Is a kidney infection serious for older adults?
- Q Is a kidney infection serious?
- Q What do I need to know about caring for someone with a kidney infection?