Because the kidneys become enlarged while infected, your back will be swollen and tender to the touch. An infection in the ureters can result in spasms that will cause you extreme pain in the abdominal region. Nausea and vomiting can cause discomfort in the upper region of the abdomen. Fever and chills can leave you weak and lethargic.
- Q What is a kidney infection?
- Q Is a kidney infection contagious?
- Q What are the complications of a kidney infection?
- Q How do other illnesses affect a kidney infection?
- Q Is a kidney infection serious?
- Q How does a kidney infection affect pregnancy?