Because the kidneys become enlarged while infected, your back will be swollen and tender to the touch. An infection in the ureters can result in spasms that will cause you extreme pain in the abdominal region. Nausea and vomiting can cause discomfort in the upper region of the abdomen. Fever and chills can leave you weak and lethargic.
- Q What is a kidney infection?
- Q Does a kidney infection affect children differently than adults?
- Q What is the duration of a kidney infection?
- Q How do I manage my kidney infection on a daily basis?
- Q How does a kidney infection affect women differently than men?
- Q Is a kidney infection contagious?