Because the kidneys become enlarged while infected, your back will be swollen and tender to the touch. An infection in the ureters can result in spasms that will cause you extreme pain in the abdominal region. Nausea and vomiting can cause discomfort in the upper region of the abdomen. Fever and chills can leave you weak and lethargic.
- Q What do I need to know about caring for someone with a kidney infection?
- Q What is the duration of a kidney infection?
- Q Does a kidney infection affect children differently than adults?
- Q What are the long term effects of recurring kidney infections?
- Q How does a kidney infection affect women differently than men?
- Q What are the complications of a kidney infection?