Most treatments for kidney infections have little or no side effects, but some people may have a reaction to certain medications. Side effects to treatment for a kidney infection may include an upset stomach, tiredness, or faintness. If you decide to consume alcohol while on antibiotics you may experience these symptoms more severely. Furthermore, certain antibiotics can cause much worse side effects if taken with alcohol, such as nausea, vomiting, and an accelerated heart rate.
- Q Is a kidney infection serious for older adults?
- Q How does a kidney infection affect women differently than men?
- Q What lifestyle changes should I make if I have a kidney infection?
- Q Is a kidney infection serious?
- Q How do I manage my kidney infection on a daily basis?
- Q What is a kidney infection?