Most treatments for kidney infections have little or no side effects, but some people may have a reaction to certain medications. Side effects to treatment for a kidney infection may include an upset stomach, tiredness, or faintness. If you decide to consume alcohol while on antibiotics you may experience these symptoms more severely. Furthermore, certain antibiotics can cause much worse side effects if taken with alcohol, such as nausea, vomiting, and an accelerated heart rate.
- Q How do I manage my kidney infection on a daily basis?
- Q What is a kidney infection?
- Q How does a kidney infection affect women differently than men?
- Q Are there alternative treatments for a kidney infection?
- Q What is the duration of a kidney infection?
- Q How do other illnesses affect a kidney infection?