Most treatments for kidney infections have little or no side effects, but some people may have a reaction to certain medications. Side effects to treatment for a kidney infection may include an upset stomach, tiredness, or faintness. If you decide to consume alcohol while on antibiotics you may experience these symptoms more severely. Furthermore, certain antibiotics can cause much worse side effects if taken with alcohol, such as nausea, vomiting, and an accelerated heart rate.
- Q How do other illnesses affect a kidney infection?
- Q How do I manage my kidney infection on a daily basis?
- Q What are the treatment options for a kidney infection?
- Q How does a kidney infection affect women differently than men?
- Q What is a kidney infection?
- Q Is a kidney infection serious for older adults?