Most treatments for kidney infections have little or no side effects, but some people may have a reaction to certain medications. Side effects to treatment for a kidney infection may include an upset stomach, tiredness, or faintness. If you decide to consume alcohol while on antibiotics you may experience these symptoms more severely. Furthermore, certain antibiotics can cause much worse side effects if taken with alcohol, such as nausea, vomiting, and an accelerated heart rate.
- Q Is a kidney infection contagious?
- Q What are the treatment options for a kidney infection?
- Q Is there a cure for a kidney infection?
- Q Are there alternative treatments for a kidney infection?
- Q What are the long term effects of recurring kidney infections?
- Q Is a kidney infection serious for older adults?