Most treatments for kidney infections have little or no side effects, but some people may have a reaction to certain medications. Side effects to treatment for a kidney infection may include an upset stomach, tiredness, or faintness. If you decide to consume alcohol while on antibiotics you may experience these symptoms more severely. Furthermore, certain antibiotics can cause much worse side effects if taken with alcohol, such as nausea, vomiting, and an accelerated heart rate.
- Q What is a kidney infection?
- Q How do I manage my kidney infection on a daily basis?
- Q How does a kidney infection affect women differently than men?
- Q Is a kidney infection serious?
- Q What are the treatment options for a kidney infection?
- Q Does a kidney infection affect children differently than adults?