Duration of a kidney infection can vary depending on several factors. If caught and treated early, the symptoms of a typical kidney infection can subside within a few days. However, if medication is not properly taken, your immune system is weakened by other underlying conditions, or your infection is resistant to the antibiotic your doctor prescribed, then it might be a little longer. If you have chronic kidney infections, the duration will be longer, as will the treatment.
- Q What do I need to know about caring for someone with a kidney infection?
- Q What lifestyle changes should I make if I have a kidney infection?
- Q What are the long term effects of recurring kidney infections?
- Q Is a kidney infection serious?
- Q Does a kidney infection affect children differently than adults?
- Q Is a kidney infection serious for older adults?