Duration of a kidney infection can vary depending on several factors. If caught and treated early, the symptoms of a typical kidney infection can subside within a few days. However, if medication is not properly taken, your immune system is weakened by other underlying conditions, or your infection is resistant to the antibiotic your doctor prescribed, then it might be a little longer. If you have chronic kidney infections, the duration will be longer, as will the treatment.
- Q How do other illnesses affect a kidney infection?
- Q How does a kidney infection affect women differently than men?
- Q How do I manage my kidney infection on a daily basis?
- Q Does a kidney infection affect children differently than adults?
- Q Is a kidney infection serious?
- Q Is a kidney infection serious for older adults?