Duration of a kidney infection can vary depending on several factors. If caught and treated early, the symptoms of a typical kidney infection can subside within a few days. However, if medication is not properly taken, your immune system is weakened by other underlying conditions, or your infection is resistant to the antibiotic your doctor prescribed, then it might be a little longer. If you have chronic kidney infections, the duration will be longer, as will the treatment.
- Q Is a kidney infection serious?
- Q How do other illnesses affect a kidney infection?
- Q Does a kidney infection affect children differently than adults?
- Q How does a kidney infection affect women differently than men?
- Q Is a kidney infection serious for older adults?
- Q What lifestyle changes should I make if I have a kidney infection?