What do I need to know about caring for someone with a kidney infection?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

When caring for someone with a kidney infection, it is important to make sure they follow their prescribed course of medication. Taking all of the medication is critical to eliminating the infection completely. Make sure they drink plenty of fluids, especially water. Keeping their groin and anal area clean will aid in a speedy recovery. Monitor their pain and temperature and notify their doctor if these issues are not resolving.

Continue Learning about Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)

The Risk of UTIs Increases in Older Women—Here’s Why
When you think of urinary tract infections (UTIs), you may think of them happening in people in their teens, 20s and 30s. But UTIs in older women are ...
What causes a split stream when I pee?
While it may look like a city fountain, the split stream is the sign of a real condition that's caus...
What is a urinary tract infection (UTI)?
A urinary tract infection is an infection anywhere in the urinary tract. The urinary tract makes and...
What Are Treatment Options for Urinary Incontinence?