What can I do if I pee when I laugh?

The bladder is located above the muscles in the bottom of your pelvis. Sometimes the muscles get a little bit flabby when you have a baby or as you age, making it harder to stop yourself from peeing.

If you have to run from the room when someone tells a joke, there is hope. Many doctors recommend Kegel exercises to help you stop peeing when you laugh. Squeezing the muscles in your pelvis to firm them up can help prevent the problem. Also, you should drink less caffeine and use the bathroom more frequently, because the bladder leaks more when it's full. Try to empty your bladder if you're going into a social situation. Don't let people tickle you!

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Urinary Incontinence

What Causes Urinary Incontinence in Females?
What Is Urge Incontinence?
What Is Urge Incontinence?
How Can Tape Sling Surgery Help Treat Urinary Incontinence?
How Is Botox Being Used for Incontinence?