Is my incontinence due to prostate diseases?

Urinary incontinence is the loss of bladder control and may be symptomatic of prostate diseases. Persistent incontinence may be a symptom of prostatitis, an enlarged prostate, or prostate cancer. However, incontinence can also be caused by many other diseases and conditions, such as a bladder infection, bladder stones, stress, brain or spinal cord disorders, and diseases that affect the nervous system. If you experience persistent urinary incontinence, talk to your doctor to determine the right course of treatment for your condition.

Continue Learning about Urinary Incontinence

Bladder Problems? Do Kegels
Bladder Problems? Do Kegels
What embarrassing health secret do teen athletes, guys in their 40s to 90s, middle-age women, and military parachute trainees share but rarely 'fess u...
How do medical issues other than surgical history affect incontinence?
Ja-Hong Kim, MDJa-Hong Kim, MD
A variety of medical issues beyond surgical history can affect incontinence. As you age, for example...
When should I call my doctor if I have urinary incontinence?
Dr. Anne Fabiny, MDDr. Anne Fabiny, MD
It is not unusual as one gets older to experience accidents in which urine leaks when it ought to st...
What Causes Urinary Incontinence in Females?