How can I relieve discomfort after urodynamic testing for urinary problems?

You might have mild discomfort or soreness for a few hours after urodynamic testing. Drinking two large glasses of water each hour for two hours may help ease your symptoms. Ask your doctor whether or not you can take a warm bath. If not, you may be able to hold a warm, damp washcloth over the urethral opening to relieve the discomfort. Your doctor may give you an antibiotic to take for one to two days to prevent an infection. If you have signs of infection, fever, chills, or pain, call your doctor.

Continue Learning about Urinary Incontinence