Q

Urinary Incontinence

How do I know if I have incontinence?

• Incontinence is the involuntary leakage of urine from the bladder, which can affect both men and women in any age group, but is more common in women and the elderly. As the population ages, the number of people suffering bladder control problems is increasing. The costs of this problem are personal, physical and financial, and many with incontinence suffer social embarrassment, isolation, ill health and even depression.

The symptoms of urinary incontinence may resemble other conditions or medical problems. Always consult your physician for a diagnosis.

This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.
How should I prepare for appointment to diagnose my urinary incontinence?