What is the rate of incidence for urethral cancer?

Urethral cancer is extremely rare. Only about 600 people are diagnosed with this disease every year. Most commonly affecting people over the age of 50, this disease hits Caucasian women the hardest. However, people of all genders, ages, and ethnicities are susceptible. In fact, while the rate of diagnosis among African Americans is low, statistics show that the prognosis among this ethnic group tends to be much worse than in other groups.

Continue Learning about Urethral Cancer

How common is urethral cancer?
Urethral cancer is not common. More women than men have this rare form of cancer, and it is most oft...
Is urethral cancer serious?
Although it is rare, urethral cancer can be very serious. There are six stages of urethral cancer - ...
What are the screening tests for uterine cancer?
Uterine cancer develops in the lining of the uterus, called the endometrium. The most common symptom...
How do I manage my urethral cancer on a daily basis?
Managing your urethral cancer on a daily basis means paying attention to any changed physical and em...