How do I manage my urethral cancer on a daily basis?

Managing your urethral cancer on a daily basis means paying attention to any changed physical and emotional needs you may have. Cancer can be a scary diagnosis. Emotionally, a person with cancer may feel anxious, depressed, mentally fatigued, or confused. Physically, cancer and cancer treatments can create issues with digestion, including constipation or diarrhea. There is also hair loss, memory issues, and nausea. Limit your daily activities to what you can actually do. Make sure you have family or caregiver support to help with the daily tasks that are too much for you while you are dealing with your cancer.

Continue Learning about Urethral Cancer

Urethral Cancer

A rare disease, urethral cancer can spread quickly throughout the body if not caught early.Affecting women more than men, this cancer causes cells in the lining of the urethra to grow abnormally. The urethra is responsible for car...

rying urine from the bladder to outside our bodies. Although there are three types of urethral cancer, the most common type is squamous cell carcinoma. This type of carcinoma typically develops near the bladder in women. The closer the cancer is to the bladder, the more difficult it is to treat and cure. Urethral cancer is often asymptomatic in the beginning. However, see your doctor right away if you notice blood in your urine, need to urinate often, feel pain when you urinate or have recurrent urinary tract infections.