Should I talk to my doctor about urethral cancer?

Talk to your doctor about urethral cancer if you are experiencing any problems urinating or have noticed blood in your urine. If you have suffered from multiple urinary tract infections, a sexually transmitted disease, or have already had a bout with bladder cancer, you might have urethral cancer. Women over the age of 50 are at greatest risk for this disease. Talk to your doctor about the signs and symptoms of urethral cancer if you are a female - particularly a Caucasian woman - over the age of 50.

Continue Learning about Urethral Cancer

Urethral Cancer

A rare disease, urethral cancer can spread quickly throughout the body if not caught early.Affecting women more than men, this cancer causes cells in the lining of the urethra to grow abnormally. The urethra is responsible for car...

rying urine from the bladder to outside our bodies. Although there are three types of urethral cancer, the most common type is squamous cell carcinoma. This type of carcinoma typically develops near the bladder in women. The closer the cancer is to the bladder, the more difficult it is to treat and cure. Urethral cancer is often asymptomatic in the beginning. However, see your doctor right away if you notice blood in your urine, need to urinate often, feel pain when you urinate or have recurrent urinary tract infections.