Is urethral cancer serious?

Although it is rare, urethral cancer can be very serious. There are six stages of urethral cancer - Stage 0 is the earliest stage, when abnormal cells have begun to grow but a tumor has not yet formed. Stage D2 is the most serious stage. This is the final stage of urethral cancer where the cancerous cells have spread to distant organs and tissues. Successful treatment of the disease depends on catching it before it has spread. If treatment occurs before the cancer has spread, there is a 60% chance of surviving for five years or more.

Continue Learning about Urethral Cancer

What are the screening tests for uterine cancer?
Uterine cancer develops in the lining of the uterus, called the endometrium. The most common symptom...
How do I manage my urethral cancer on a daily basis?
Managing your urethral cancer on a daily basis means paying attention to any changed physical and em...
Should I be worried about urethral cancer?
You should be worried about urethral cancer if you suffer from bladder cancer, recurring urinary tra...
How common is urethral cancer?
Urethral cancer is not common. More women than men have this rare form of cancer, and it is most oft...