Is urethral cancer fatal?

Urethral cancer can be fatal. A person's prognosis generally depends on several factors including where the cancer first formed, how advanced it is, and whether this is their first bout with urethral cancer. In about half of the cases, even successfully treated urethral cancer will recur. If the cancer is diagnosed late, tumors may have had a chance to grow and spread. Some statistics show that about 60% of women with posterior tumors smaller than two-centimeters live for at least five years after treatment. The survival rate drops to only about 13% for those with tumors larger than 4-centimeters.

Continue Learning about Urethral Cancer

How do I manage my urethral cancer on a daily basis?
Managing your urethral cancer on a daily basis means paying attention to any changed physical and em...
How common is urethral cancer?
Urethral cancer is not common. More women than men have this rare form of cancer, and it is most oft...
What is the rate of incidence for urethral cancer?
Urethral cancer is extremely rare. Only about 600 people are diagnosed with this disease every year....
What are the screening tests for uterine cancer?
Uterine cancer develops in the lining of the uterus, called the endometrium. The most common symptom...